Decompressin' with Wessan
(Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills)
NEXT: Mindfulness & Emotion Regulation
“It is difficult to manage your emotions when you do not understand
how emotions work. Knowledge is power.” - Dr. Marsha Linehan
“What is shareable is bearable and what we can name, we can tame!” - Dr. Dan Seigal
July 12 - October 11, 2018
Thursdays, 4:00 - 5:30 PM
14 Week Program (we skip holiday weeks)
We cover all four DBT
modules in one year, during
three 14-week trimesters. You choose if you want to
continue toward the end of each trimester.
SUMMER/FALL DBT SKILLS SCHEDULE 2018
THURSDAY DAYTIME DBT:
4:00 - 5:30 PM
July 12, 19, 26
August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
September 6, 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11
[Please reserve October 18 and 25 in case we need make-up sessions due to extreme weather or holidays]
If more than half the group gives notice in advance and will be away for any given holiday or school vacation week, we will skip that week and end one week later.
Classes fill up quickly in advance. Please contact me prior to the next open enrollment period.
Our next DBT Module after this one will be covering Distress Tolerance. We will begin either November 1 or 8, 2018, depending on when the current group fulfills the 14 week program.
· Monthly DBT Skills for Parents of High Risk and Challenging Children, the first Wednesday of the month, 7 - 8:30 PM.
Monthly DBT Skills for
Advanced Students, the second Wednesday of the month,
THE FIVE STEPS TO DBT Enrollment:
1. We need to set an appointment for a brief Intake on the phone, @15-20 minutes. There is no cost to you for this call.
2. Enrollment requires an Initial Consultation with me to see how I can best serve you in the group, and if this group is a good fit for you. There is a fee for this hour with me in my office.
3. You complete the four DBT registration forms that I send to you.
4. Submit your tuition check.
5. Your therapist sends me the Therapist Agreement form that I will send to you. It is a requirement of this DBT program that everyone be seeing an individual therapist weekly. They do not have to be DBT trained, but it is important to have someone with whom you can process your thoughts and feelings in between classes.
Please call me at 978.710.8039 or email to inquire.